MIDTERM JOURNAL UPDATE

Elements and Principles

This image is among my favorites since closer examination reveals more of its beauty than at first look. Prior to the shot being taken, I used space and color to improve it. The street light’s hue at the time I took the image coincidentally matched the contrast between the sky and the trees, which was ideal for when I was lining it up so the street light would be in the corner.

In this photo the settings are as followed:

ISO: 20

Stutter speed: 1/958

Apertere: f/8

Composition Techniques

Pictures of buildings from an interesting perspective with the sky as the background are one of the compositions I notice being used the most. You can see the elements that make up the photo—symmetry, contrast, and leading lines—in this image.

ISO: 20

Stutter speed: 1/856

Apertere: f/4

Exposure

Definitely one of the most crucial factors in improving the appearance of your images is the camera setting. My settings for many of my shots are often f/8 and f/10 since I’ve discovered that I’m generally focused on the subject and want the photo to have as much background as possible. The ISO speed is the following crucial parameter. While it varies on the well-lit environment, the ISO speed for the most of my images has been around 800. My shutter speed is often about 1/100 second, however this might change depending on the shot’s intended impact.

ISO: 32

Stutter speed: 1/1157

Apertere: f/8

Camera Settings

Throughout the semester I have used Canon camera, Polaroid and my phone camera.  Although having a Canon camera at home is nice, I don’t always have it with me, so I shoot shots with my phone instead. I had never used a professional camera before this training; I understood how to take a photo but was unsure of the settings or what each one accomplished. I’d still like to experiment with the cameras in the future to learn how other aspects work.

ISO: 100

Stutter speed: 1/60

Aperture: f/8

Personal Style

In my personal style I like to take pictures of every thing that’s around me and giving my friends fun photoshoots. Personally I like the way I take my pictures, because I think of every little thing that can improve my pictures and my skills. Camera knowledge like settings and lighting are the main thing I want to and have to work on, so that when we move on with our final project I don’t have to worry about the editing of light and the final product.

ISO: 250

Stutter speed: 1/60

Aperture: f/8